Faith Junkie

Honestly anonymous, and unafraid to admit it.

Saturday, December 09, 2006

Woes

Staunch commuter that I am, I took a bus to Ayala to have lunch with the best friend. We're the kind of friendship that feels like we're coming home whenever we meet. We are our own escape.

Mush aside, there was an initial depression that was too close for comfort, and it made itself known as the bus I was in rattled its course on the skyway: I felt myself j i g g l e.

It's worse than finding a strand white hair, a zit on my nose, a stain on my pants. I was j i g g l i n g. There is an excess of me hanging on to me, more to love but really, it's extra baggage. Like my borrowed JanSport on weekdays when a gluttony for books and notebooks unecessarily weigh my poor back.

Speaking of gluttony...Gluttony represents itself through a Starbucks promo card. Starbucks is a comfort zone. It has been since two months ago, as I made myself a permanent fixture in my own 'Buko on certain weekdays and the barristas either stopped asking for my name or adding a cup of water on the side of my peach and strawberry danish. It's all luxury, that, but to be honest, I'm spending too much for my own good.

Today, I was a little distraught when the best friend left. And I needed a little therapy.

Montage is such a nice place, and Lush is amazing. Good bye, 1000 Php.

But there is hope:

Rehearsals call for ridiculous amounts of dancing, making me expect that I shall stop worrying about my tightened clothes any time soon.

Employment opportunities look promising. At least I won't have to take so much work home. *shudder*

And more hope:

The love life is stable but a test of faith. A cousin indulged me of a dream about him years ago, ingniting faith, hope and love. While his name, place of origin and place of residence appears everywhere (even on the name tag of our server at Itallianis!), my complain to the Universe is that he isn't anywhere near me.

Faith must exude place, as it seems. God never said anything about having this guy as easy as the science of precipitation.

My goodness, this love story I'm in. It's literally a trip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home