Faith Junkie

Honestly anonymous, and unafraid to admit it.

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Love covers a lot of things

I met Patrick online. He's 29, turning 30 in a few months.

I met him at a promiscuous chatroom. Having met there is a fluke: I wasn't really waiting for anyone, and was ready and more than willing to ignore anyone who clicks on me and ask for conversation. This Florida bar owner, beach front resident, and surfer mysteriously grew on me. Then we unbelievably became friends.

He lived with he grandparents all his life until, of course, when he moved out. Pat was lucky, in an unlucky sense. His parents died in a car crash when he was three, and his grandparents raised him from then on. According to him, he has reason to believe that his father was good for nothing, and that his mother wasted her life marrying him. But they died, leaving Patrick an orphan, and an inheritor of some 25 trust funds.

But there are those who aren't lucky.

I usually don't feel anything when it comes to news like this, unless if it's on Oprah (yes, I'm seriously a huge fan, and my face lights up every time I see someone comment), and victims of child abuse are rescued or something touching like that. But the little boy from Canada stuck me. Patrick was lucky. But luck is an understatement.

Patrick was blessed. And I don't believe in accidents.

Saying that after mentioning a car accident seems to be mean, but it just goes to show that there is a god out there, who knows the earth's every turn.

So this one's for Patrick. He's blessed to have people care for him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home